Cybercriminals are becoming more savvy. Â As a result, security professionals must become more savvy as well, and find better – more efficient ways to circumventÂ threats.
- Â The Unintended Consequences of State Intervention – Governmental interference means potential decryption of certain pieces of information and creating back door access to systems.
- Big data will lead to big problems – Organizations sharing data resources with the assumption that the data is accurate. Â Data is not always properly vetted.
- Mobile applications and the IoT – Increased use of smart phones and other portable devices means thereÂ will be an increase of targeted attacks on these devices.
- Cybercrime causes the perfect threat storm – Cybercrime will only become more sophisticated and frequent.
- Skills gap becomes an abyss for information security – There will be an increased need for good Information Security professionals.
To read a more in-depth description of each of these trending security issues, check out this article on CIO.