Are you using a secure password? The National Cyber Security Centre has recently released a compiled list of the Top 100,000 Most Frequently Used Passwords – which could also be titled “Passwords You Should Never Use.” The top ten on this list are as follows:
Password Tips and Tricks
- Use a password generator to create a random string, and save it in a password manager.
- Do not use a word or phrase that is relevant to you, such as the name of your child or pet, the school you went to, or your street name, as this information may be accessible online.
- Add in special characters and capitalize letters within your password, as this makes it more difficult to crack under brute force.
- If applicable, utilize Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) to add another layer of security to your accounts.
- Use a different password for every account.
- Change your passwords regularly.
- Do not save your password in your browser when prompted to.